Wednesday, May 20, 2015

blame it on the cliche

Alternate title in the running was "how to kill a blog...and try to bring it back from the dead with one ramble of a post sprinkled with a family portrait."

Let's go.

I'm feeling a little rusty. And reckless...abandoning ship for a week? Who cares? I know, not a soul! (Hi mom...I'm not including you in that. :))

Anyway, the break was unintentional, but between another round of Rhett's asthma/bronchitis giving us a run for the sleep we are already craving we were living somewhere between super survival mode and gum-on-a-sidewalk mode.


^^^Crouching tiger parents...clearly. With our bottle happy two year old...^^^

So. What's been going on around here?

More of the same!

Sometimes I'm surprised at the level of cliche/suburban/parent/humans we are. Good grief we are SO cliche. But honestly I kind of love it. I can appreciate a good cliche even if it puts me in the tired mom/occasional nagging wife/yoga pant wearing category.

Examples...

I drive a minivan and I don't like it. I love it.

It's habitual for my 4pm face to look identical to my 7am face. Like absolute hell.

I don't say, "going to the bathroom" ever. It's an automatic, "going potty" every single time.

I probably say, "I'm just really tired" to whomever will listen 99 times a day.

As far as kids and their attire goes - I have a strict, "no stain - no change" policy that can last a scary number of consecutive day-night-day-night-day-night-I-can-keep-going-I-assure-you.

When the kids are awake the world is one mini tantrum away from crumbling into a million pieces and promptly ending. When the kids are asleep, yes of course this is the easiest job in the world.

I used a pumice stone to clean our toilet bowls a few weeks ago and have gone into the bathroom to admire my toil every single day since. Shoot it feels good to be an efficient homemaker.

Every morning I open a nice can of diet soda. And every night Jake finds it sitting on the counter with exactly two sips gone.

Sometimes I wear my yogas and a hoodie and a puffy face to buy groceries because who really cares? And sometimes I wear a painted face, an outfit that's trying far too hard, and Saturday night in college hair to buy groceries because I do.

I brown some meat, chop some tomatoes + avocados + onions, open a container of sour cream, a package of tortillas and a can of salsa and oh, look! It's gourmet taco Monday. Leftovers will follow for the next two nights if I can't stretch it to three (where we say hello to gourmet nachos).

Showers when I'm home alone with the kids: three minutes. Showers when Jake is home to watch the kids: twenty three minutes.

Good grief...so cliche. :)





Pin It

9 comments:

  1. cliche but so relatable. and now i need a pumice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at clean toilet. I am in the "teen" phase with my boys....now I just use my yoga pants, their hoodies, bad hair and puffball eyes to embarrass them instead of me :) Hang in there. I'm still reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. All of it. Down to the minivan and the showers. I remember when our oldest started kindergarten (now a third grader) and how concerned I was with my appearance in the morning. Bwahahahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. here guys you can get the awesome opportunity to get free codes of website that gives google play gift cards that are here for online users.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is certainly gives all of us a major chance to get information from the post. www.drshdrecuperacaodedados.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please keep returning again soon ! Keep placing the nice work. design your own shirt

    ReplyDelete
  7. It truly is truly tricky to see out this kind of fantastic articles with a few useful data and facts. Plantation Personal Injury attorney

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of your thoughts and comments! They bring a smile to my face!